In an attempt to avoid burning myself (and you) out on the Monomyth series, I'm taking a little break before starting on the next block of entries. I had hoped to have something to fill the gap, but collaborative schedules rarely work out so conveniently.
At any rate, so you won't think I'm a lazy slacker, here's what's going on at Kingworks Creative (aka: the time in the evening after the kids go to bed and my own bedtime):
- I finished a cover piece and an encounter map for the next Nevermet Press release, due later this month, IIRC. (Once NMP officially shows the cover, I will post them here).
- Another drawing and a digital painting for two NMP settings are about half done. Not for anything in particular, just wanted to do them.
- Remember the card game I was working on? I started the third one, but the design has been frustrating me, so I set it aside. Counting it, there are 2.5 cards left to finish, as well as the design for the back.
- I have an idea for what I think could be a cool encounter, but it's in the early stages and needs some work.
- The release of the Codex: Blood Angels has me revamping my army. I'm currently converting half-finished Tactical Marines into Assault Marines, putting magnets in Sergeants and special weapons Marines.
- Building a kustom Ork Trukk based on Dave Taylor's excellent tutorial.
- At least one mob of Slugga Boyz and some Nobz waiting on a final pass of highlights and an ink wash.
- In an effort to save money on the house we're building, I've been looking for things I can do myself to save money. Thus far, I've only sealed windows, doors & wall seams. Soon, however, I will be putting down tile and hardwood flooring; after that, we'll be seeding the grass and landscaping ourselves. Then taking a break to save up again in order to add a deck and finish the basement.
- I've been working through Foundation Game Design with Flash a little bit each day (or week, if I was being completely honest) and it's got me thinking that I just might be able to finish that 40k Flash game after all. No time soon, unfortunately. I also need to look into the legality of making a free Flash game based on an established IP. I don't think 'homage' is going to cut it - GW's legal dept. can be pretty ruthless. I may need to make it a parody . . .
- One of my freelance clients has been emailing me about doing an update on his website. I'm expecting the files any day now.