Thursday, February 14, 2013

Art: Ulfen - Midnight/Homebrew PC

Man, it's been a while.

I was invited to participate in a RPG campaign based primarily around the Midnight campaign setting, but incorporated a variety of other source material (D&D 2/3.5, Pathfinder, d20). Since it's been a while since my own group had a session, and even longer since I've actually participated as a PC, I couldn't say no.

There is a story-based reason for the hood, but at the risk of having my fellow PC's stumble across this post, I shall not divulge the reason here. Suffice it to say, he's proficient with a Dwarven Waraxe.
In other news:
  • Progress on my novel is currently sitting at 31,116 words, according to the software's word count. I'm hoping to have it finished and possibly even edited before the year is out, but that's going to take some serious discipline on my part.
  • I haven't played Firefall in a while, since there have been no additions (that I know of) made to the Assault Frames. I did start playing SW:TOR at my brother-in-law's suggestion (it being f2p to level 50), completed the first BioShock, something I was holding off on until I got my new laptop: a HP ENVY dv7. I'm also playing around with Path of Exile, a f2p spiritual successor to Diablo 2. I have some other games waiting to be played, but if the new XCOM goes on sale, that will probably jump to the top of the list.
  • After more years than I care to count, I have stopped collecting comic books. I may write a stand-alone post about that later on, we'll see. Now, if I can just quit Mtn. Dew (and soft drinks in general) ...
  • Saw the Hobbit; it was good, but some of the scenes (Stone giants, escaping the goblins in the caves) were just too overblown - they kinda took me out of the movie, same problem I had with Jackson's King Kong.
  • After migrating my wife's blog into her Wordpress site, I've been considering doing the same with this blog, just to get it off blogspot.com and under my own domain. Don't know if there is any meaningful benefit to doing so, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment