I have already beaten Final Fantasy and Metal Gear and now playing Zelda II (currently in the Swamp Palace) and Rockman - that's Megaman 1 for the uninitiated out there (stuck on Elecman's stage).
I'm not above Googling walkthroughs when I get stuck, but I have taken a solemn vow unto myself to not use cheat codes for any reason. I'm also gravitating towards games that allow you to save your progress, rather than having to run through the whole thing in a single sitting.
Here is the list of games I plan on eventually getting around to, and where/how they confounded me as a kid:
- Mike Tyson's Punchout - never got past Super Macho Man
- Bionic Commando - hopefully my grown-up fine motor skillz will help me master swinging
- Ninja Gaiden - I may have beaten this one before, but I can't remember
- Metroid - a weekend rental was never enough time to beat this
- Kid Icarus - another rental
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - so. freaking. hard.
- Double Dragon II - I seem to remember ninjas and helicopters, and not much else
- Blaster Master
- Bubble Bobble
- Tetris - does this even have an ending?