Thursday, March 12, 2009

In the Beginning . . .

I'll try and make this as painless as possible . . .

Who are you?
Who cares?

Why do you have a blog?
I am changing the focus (and domain name) of my personal website. It will no longer be a general portfolio/repository of things I've worked on, but a site dedicated to showcasing and offering my services as an amateur freelance website developer and graphic designer. Any art that I'm particularly fond of will probably wind up on there as well. Consequently, I needed (read: wanted) a place to display and talk about my hobby-related projects.

How often will you update it?
Aiming for a couple times a week.

What can we expect to find on your blog?
Files, ideas, conversions, terrain, artwork and the occasional tutorial primarily related to Dungeons & Dragons (4E) and Warhammer 40K. Also, you can expect to see the template change quite a bit until I'm happy with it. It just won't do for a self-styled designer to go using someone else's template without messing with it at least a tiny bit.

Can I critique your work?
Certainly, as long as your comments are professional and constructive. Just know that I suffer from mild depression and happen to be terribly insecure.

How long have to you been doing these hobbies?
Drawing: For as long as I can remember, with large gaps during and after college. I've recently tried to focus on my art more - particularly digital painting and illustration using Photoshop, and Corel Painter with my trusty Wacom tablet.

40K: Since High School. A friend got me into it and I got hooked. He's since stopped playing, but I soldier on (pun intended). It started with one 2000 point army, and now I'm working on my fourth. I have Blood Angels, Dark Eldar, Tyranids, and Orks - all at various stages of completion.

D&D: I've dabbled in pen-n-paper RPG's over the past decade, but the groups would always fall apart due to scheduling difficulties and/or personality conflicts. I decided I was going to jump into D&D 4th edition with both feet after listening to the first set of Penny Arcade/PVP podcasts. So far, it's been a pretty good experience.

1 comment:

  1. This seems like it's going to be a great blog. I love the description of yourself!

    ReplyDelete